About Mane Adige

My photo
"Mane Adige" means "Home Food" in kannada and this blog is all about recipes that I cook. Most of the recipes I post here will be from "Mangalooru" and "Bengalooru " regions of Karnataka,India. Rest of them are the one's which I try out by improvising the recipes got from different sources.

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

About me....

Hello Everybody!!

Let me first introduce myself to you.... My name is Ramya. I live in the US with my husband, Naveen.
Before my wedding I used to live in Bangalore, India with mom n dad and I had never entered the kitchen then. My job was just to chop vegetables (that too only on weekends) and mom would take care of the rest of the stuff. You wouldn't believe, I needed mom's help to even make the 2min Maggi!!!!! :-)
But after I got married, cooking became a necessity. Since I came to the US immediately after wedding, I had no go but to start cooking and expermenting all by myself. It was only then that I realized that cooking isn't all that difficult. All it takes is some amount of interest and a little sense of taste, which I'm sure we all have! I admit that not all my trials came right the first time.... but it gets easier with every try. Its been just above a year since I started cooking and I feel more confident now.
My blog is more for the beginners in cooking. I have tried quite a few recipes in the past year and I would love to share them with all of you. I will start with the simple day-to-day south indian recipes that I make at home for lunch/dinner and then move on to the other ones that I have tried.
I hope you enjoi it..... and remember, cooking itsn't all that difficult!!! Give it a try and it gets more n more enjoyable with every try :-)
And don't forget to leave comments and let me know how it turns out.

4 comments:

Shimogait said...

"I realized that cooking isn't all that difficult. All it takes is some amount of interest and a little sense of taste" How true....

My brother who was my cooking teacher always made it seem like the difficult most job on earth but when I started on my own I knew how easy it was.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the brinjal recipe. I love Indian food and I found your site tonight looking for a way to use the surdi papdi I bought at a local Indian grocery store.

I made a nice Liva Rice and we had it with chicken cooked in a sauce I made with a spice packet I bought there. The sauce ended up being too water for my taste so I added shredded coconut and a couple of tablespoons of peanut butter and a little lime juice then cooked it down to a thicker sauce.

It was good.

Good luck with your cooking. You're right it isn't that hard and you just have to keep trying.

Thanks again. I'm anxious to try it. I love eggplant but my husband doesn't.

Joy

Siri said...

U have one lovely blog Ramya.. it was a pleasure knowing more about u..:)

Siri

Manjunath said...

PLEASE EMAIL ME AS MANY AS NORTH KARNATAKA RECIPES SINCE I M A BEGINNER IN COOKING AND ABOVE ALL IM A BOY SO .... ITS LIL DIFFICULT FOR ME TO START COOKING.. This is my email ID :: manjunath.hireholi@gmail.com

MAIL ME NORTH KARNATAKA RECIPES THAT INCLUDE::
MORNING BREAKFAST RECIPES
LUNCH TIME N DINNER TIME RECIPES
etc etc