Sankranti wishes to one and all!!! In Karnataka, people greet each other with "Ellu-Bella" and "Sakkare Acchu", and wish for happiness & prosperity, now and always. "Ellu-Bella" is a snack made with roasted peanuts, chana dhalia, copra, Til and Jaggery.... Hence the name! Sakkare Acchu's are figures made out of sugar syrup. Hot sugar syrup is poured into wooden moulds of different shapes and allowed to cool down. Once cooled, they become hard and can be eaten like candies. While I have the recipes for both "Ellu-Bella" and "Sakkare Acchu", I do not have any pictures to go with them. So, you will have to wait for a little longer, I suppose... I'm sorry :(. Our Sankranti meal, is not going to be any huge affair his time. I am only planning for some Huggi/Sweet Pongal- just to stick to the tradition, and some Raw Mango Rice or Chitranna - Both of which have already found a place on Mane Adige!!
I have no specific recipe for you this time, but I have the details of an event that I will be hosting here at Mane Adige!!
Off late, I have been trying out different varieties of chutneys and dips - Thanx to all the fellow food bloggers.... the number of varieties that you folks have posted is mind blowing!!! So, I thought, why not have them all at one place?!?!!
So....Pour in your entries for the "Chutney/Dip Mania" Event @ Mane Adige!!! All you have to do is:
- Post a recipe for a chutney/dip in your blog, starting now till Feb 15th 2009. Old posts are welcome as long as you update and re-post them.
- Any number of entries are welcome.
- Link back to this event announcement on Mane Adige, from your post. Feel free to use the banner above!!
- Non-Bloggers can send in your entries as well!! Mail me your recipe along with a picture, and I will post it on Mane Adige during the round up.
- Send in your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org , with the following details
- Subject line : "Chutney/Dip Mania"
- Your name. Also, the name of your blog and the link to your blog.
- URL to the post on your blog.
- Name and Picture of the dish. Picture of any size will do.
6. Last date will be Feb 15th 2009- Midnight CST.
Rush in your entries as soon as possible!!! Looking forward to all the delicious varieties.... :)