Happy Thanxgiving to all of you out there!!!
I have for you a breakfast recipe today. Except for some of the ingredients, Rava rotti is very similar to the Masala Akki Rotti recipe that I had posted previously.... I like this recipe better, mainly because it takes very little oil and its very easy to make. So, here goes the recipe.. enjoi!
1 cup Rava/Semolina
1/4 cup Curds
1/2 Onion, chopped thinly
2-3 tbsp Grated Coconut, fresh/frozen (optional)
2-3 tbsp Grated Carrots (optional)
2-3 strands Cilantro
1.5 tsp Jeera
1-2 Green chillies,chopped
Salt as per taste
1-2 tsp Oil
- Mix all the ingredients except oil in a mixing bowl. The batter should be thicker than the usual dosa batter.
- Take a non-stick tava and grease it with a few drops of oil.
- Pour a handful of the batter on the pan and spread it into a circle with the help of you hands.
- Cook on stove with medium heat. Cook on both sides.
- Remove from tava and serve hot with coconut chutney or any other side dish of your choice.
Note: To make the next rotti, hold the backside of the tava under cold running water for a few seconds or until it cools down. Proceed with making the next rotti.