About Mane Adige

My photo
"Mane Adige" means "Home Food" in kannada and this blog is all about recipes that I cook. Most of the recipes I post here will be from "Mangalooru" and "Bengalooru " regions of Karnataka,India. Rest of them are the one's which I try out by improvising the recipes got from different sources.

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Strawberry Mousse


Few of our friends went Strawberry Picking over the weekend and got us a huge bowl of fresh strawberries. Every time I get strawberries in huge quantities, I end up losing half of them as you cant store them for more than 2 days. So, this time I made a puree out of it immediately and stored it in the refrigerator. Hoping that it would work out and I would be able to relish them for longer this time....

Strawberries are very rich in fibre content and nutritional value. Did you know that around 5-7 strawberries would contain more Vitamin-C than one whole Orange??!!!? Studies have also shown that cultivated strawberries and the phytochemicals from strawberries reduce the risk of cancer!!!! So...... Eat strawberries and stay healthy!! :)
I have for you the recipe for Strawberry Mousse today.This will be my entry for Meeta's Monthy Mingle- Spring is in the Air!!

Ingredients:

12- 15 Fresh Strawberries, washed and de-stalked
1 cup Whipped Cream
1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
1 tbsp Lime Juice

Method:
  1. Set aside 3-4 strawberries for garnishing and blend the rest into a puree. DO NOT add water while blending.

  2. Add sugar, lime juice and mix well;Keep aside.

  3. In a mixing bowl, beat the whipped cream until it becomes a little stiff.

  4. Add the 5-6 tbsp of the strawberry puree and mix well.

  5. Cool in refrigerator for around 2 hrs. Garnish with remaining strawberry pieces.

  6. Spoon into individual bowls and serve chilled. Enjoi!!

10 comments:

Roopa said...

Ramya

That looks very fresh and inviting!

thumba chegi kanathe!

Roopa said...

thumba chenagi kannathe
bye!

Ramya's Mane Adige said...

@Roopa,

Hey Roopa, eradu sarthi comment bido ashtu ishta aaghoytha??!! hehe ;) Jokes apart.... Glad you liked it. Try it sometime, It tastes even better!!!

Richa said...

looks yummy, ramya!
lovely color!
thanks

DEEPA said...

hey ramya !!!!yummy yummy mousse...I just could drink 3 glass together ...cool one

Manjula said...

Fresh strawberries? The mousse looks wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Hey!!! the pic looks good.. will definitely try and let you know.

~Maaya

Ramya's Mane Adige said...

@Deepa, Richa, Manjula,

Glad you guys liked it!!! :)

@Maaya,

First timer to my blog? Hope you liked it... Sure, try it out and let me know!!

Meeta K. Wolff said...

Perfect for Spring. Light and full of life. I love strawberry mousse and this sure does look great!
Thanks for entering this to the MM!

Seena said...

I also have thought what to do with strawberries to keep more than two days..Helped this to know...will give a try to your bangaloru and maangaloru recipes..thanks for visiting my site..