'Neeru Dosa' or 'Bari Akki Dosa' (Plain Rice Dosa) is another Dakshina Kannada speciality dish. It is usually made for breakfast. Its fast, simple and yummy!!!!!!!! My friend Anjana requested this recipe the other day saying, she just loves it..... I'm sure the rest of you will love it too!
1 cup White Rice
1-2 tsp Oil
salt as per taste
- Soak rice in water for about 3-4 hours.
- Grind the rice with water to a very smooth paste. The paste should be thinner than the usual dosa batter. Add salt and mix well. Tip: Adding few spoons of fresh grated coconut while grinding the rice will give it extra flavour and taste.
- Heat tawa on the stove and smear little oil.
- Take the batter in a ladle and spill little by little on the tawa. Tilt the tawa to spread the batter evenly. Note that you cannot spread the batter with the back of the ladle like you do for other dosas.
- Cook covered for about 1/2 - 1 min. Pour little oil and cook covered for another 1-2 mins.
- Once cooked, carefully remove from tawa and serve hot with ghee and coconut chutney.Enjoi!