Kosambari is a kind of salad which is a speciality of Karnataka. It is usually made with different kinds of sprouted beans, cucumbers and carrots. Naveen is a huge kosambari lover and I make it almost 2-3 times a week!! Here's one of the recipes. Will post more of the kosambari recipes in the days to come... Enjoi!
Carrot Kosambari Ingredients:
2 cups Fresh carrots, peeled and grated
1 cup Grated cocunut
2-3 strands Cilantro, finely chopped
1 tsp Lime juice
salt to taste
1 tsp Mustard seeds
1Green chilli, chopped
A pinch Hing
3-4 Curry leaves
2 tsp Oil
- Mix all the ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- For seasoning, heat oil and add mustard seeds.
- Once the seeds splutter, add the green chillis, hing and curry leaves.
- Add the seasoning to the other ingredients and mix well.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve as a side dish during lunch and dinner.
Update: Moong Dal Kosambari I'm updating the post and adding a picture of Moong dal kosambari . Replace carrot with split moong dal (soaked in water for 3-4 hours) and follow the same steps as carrot kosambari for Moong Dal kosambari. Enjoi!