Ever since I bought this book last year, I have been doing a lot of baking at home.... Thanx to the book, I'm not scared to bake anymore!! :) This crunchy cookie recipe is also adapted from the same book. A lot of Mane Adige readers have been mailing and asking me to post more eggless recipes. So, here goes!!
Meanwhile, I have less than a week left before my parents arrive... I am soooo excited!!!! And also a little scared... I hope the swine flu issue does not create any problems during their travel... I also have a lot of minor preparations to make, for their arrival. And these terrible rains and cold weather is not helping in any way :((.... Will keep you guys posted! Hope y'all like the cookies....
1/2 cup Butter at room temperature
3/4 cup Sugar OR 1/2 cup brown sugar+ 1/4 cup sugar
1.5 cups All Purpose Flour/ Maida
1 tsp Baking soda
2 tsp Vanilla extract
3 tbsp Cooking oil
1/2 cup Chopped nuts (optional)
1 cup Semisweet Chocolate Pieces
1/2 cup Shredded coconut (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 deg F.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until fluffy - approx. 2 minutes. If you are using electric mixer, set the speed to medium.
- Slowly add the flour, baking soda, vanilla, oil and mix until completely combined. Note: For a flatter cookie, or if the batter is too dry, add a couple of spoons of water.
- Add the chocolate chips, nuts, coconut and mix gently with a wooden spoon. Adjust the quantity of chocolate chips according to your wish.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls on ungreased cookie sheets, spaced 2 inches apart; Bake for 8-10 mins or until the cookies are completely done.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely. Serve with milk or as is and relish!
Prep Time: About 35-45 mins;
Makes: About 20-25 cookies;