This one needs no introduction! Rava laddu belongs to all cuisines, from all over India. This is one of the easiest sweet dishes to make and takes very little time.... And needless to say, one of the tastiest as well!! Will head straight to the recipe, without wasting any more time...
1 cup FINE Rava/Sooji
1.5-2 cups Powdered sugar
1/4 cup Desiccated coconut/Grated Copra
2-3 tbsp Ghee
1 tsp Raisins
1 tsp Cashews/Almonds, chopped
- Heat ghee in a pan and roast the raisins and cashews until they turn golden brown.
- Add the fine rava and roast well until the raw smell disappears; Saute continuously and make sure the rava does not get burnt.
- Let cool for just a minute or two; Add few spoons of water to the rava- just enough to get the rava damp; Form a lump and set aside for a minute or two, so that the water gets absorbed.
- Add powdered sugar and desiccated coconut while the rava is still warm and mix well; Adjust sweetness according to taste. Adding the sugar when the rava is still warm, would melt the sugar a little and make the mixture a little sticky.
- Take 2-3 spoons of the mixture and mould them into small laddus with your hands; Cool completely and store in air tight containers.
If the rava mixture is too dry/ brittle and you are not able to mould them into laddus, you could go ahead and add a few drops of milk to the mixture. However, adding milk would make the laddus a little hard... So, you might wanna avoid it as much as possible!! :)