On this one, I just have to say that they are my all time fav!!!! I came across a whole lot of cookie recipes while blog hopping this month, and was tempted to bake some too. So, here's my Indian version of Cookies!!! :). They make a gr8 evening snack and go really well with a hot cup of tea/coffee.
P.S : I know that the star shape of these cookies would make you think that they are sweet.... But they aren't. These are actually spicy and salty. The original cookies that you get in the Indian bakeries are circular in shape. But since I didn't have a circular cutter of the right size, I had to opt for the star.
2 cups Maida/All purpose flour
1/2 cup Ghee/Clarified butter
2-3 tbsp Curds
1 tsp Chilli powder
1" Ginger, finely chopped or grated
1/2 tsp ( or , as per taste) Salt
2-3 tsp Sugar
1-2 tsp Jeera
1-2 Green chillies, finely chopped
1-2 strands Curry leaves, finely chopped
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
A generous pinch of hing
- Mix all the ingredients together in a mixing bowl to make a pliable dough. If the dough is too dry, add some extra curds.
- Grease an aluminium foil or plastic sheet and roll the dough into circles, like how you would roll chapatis.
- Cut out pieces of desired shape with the help of cookie cutter and place on a greased baking tray.
- Preheat the oven to 350F and bake for about 20 mins or until done.
- Cool and store in airtight containers.