Hey folks!! Here's wishing you all a very happy Gowri/Ganesha Habba!!!! May all your wishes and dreams come true. I am in Bengalooru right now and am thoroughly enjoying the festive season out here!!!!! I am posting a few pictures of Malleshwaram Sampige rd- 8th cross, on the eve of the festival. Hope you like it... This will also be my entry for Lakshmi's Ganesh Chaturthi Event.
Also Check out - Karigadubu/Karjikayi recipe
Last but not the least, a picture of Gowri-Ganesha at my home.....
PS: Please excuse the poor quality of my Kadubu picture...... I was in such a hurry that I didn't have time to even make the right settings on my camera. Will capture better pictures from the next time, I promise! :)))
1 tsp Elaichi powder
- Soak the rice overnight in enough water. Drain out the water thoroughly and powder it in a blender. The powder should be VERY fine.
- Boil 1.5 cups of water in a kadai. To this, add the rice powder and stir continuously to form a single dumpling.
- Remove from stove and knead well, like chapati dough.
- Pull out small balls and roll them into chapati like circles.
- Place about 2 tsps of filling in the centre and fold the rice chapati. Seal the ends with the help of some water.
- Place the kadubu prepared above on a plantain leaf and steam cook for about 7-9 mins.