1 cup Kadle bele/ Chana Dal
1 - 1.5 cup Jaggery
2 cups Fresh grated coconut or Thick coconut milk
3/4-1 tsp Rava or Raw rice
1 tsp Ghee
1 tsp Elaichi powder
1-2 tsp Raisins
1-2 tsp Cashews
- Pressure cook chana dal in water and keep aside.
- Dry roast the rava until the raw smell disappears and add it to the cooked chana dal. If you are using raw rice, dry roast it and grind it to a smooth powder and then add to the dal. This gives thickness to the payasam.
- Add thick coconut milk to the above mixture and boil. If you are using grated coconut, grind the coconut with water to a smooth paste and then boil with the mixture. Add extra water if required. Stir regularly.
- Add jaggery and elaichi powder. Roast raisins and cashews in 1 tsp ghee and add to payasam. Mix well and let it boil for some more time. Adjust the sweetness according to your taste.
- Serve hot or cold, as desired and enjoi!
Btw folks, check out the new Foodie Blogroll that I have added on the right side of the page. This is an initiative taken by The Leftover Queen to bring together all the food bloggers!!! So, all you fellow bloggers...... rush and send in your links to her!!!