Coming to the Ice-cream recipe..... I had been wanting to make ice cream at home since a long time now. But Naveen was not very much for it. He says its not worth putting in effort and time into it, when you can get such good ice creams in stores for such low prices. But finally, he agreed that it was worth all the effort and time for the pleasure of having home-made ice cream!! :) The ice cream turned really creamy and soft. The flavor was even better since I used fresh mangoes.... Hope you guys like it too!!
And folks, I may not be able to blog regularly for the next couple of weeks. Will resume blogging after we settle down at our new apartment.
2-3 Mangoes, medium sized
1 tin Sweetened condensed milk
1/4 gallon Milk
1/2 tsp Vanilla essence
1/2 tsp Salt
Sugar as per taste
Note: The measurement of the milk is not exact. You can adjust it according to your taste and required thickness
- Wash and peel mangoes; Puree the pulp in a blender.
- Add all the remaining ingredients to the mango puree and mix well. You can even microwave it for a minute so that all the sugar is dissolved.
- Pour the mixture in a container and place it in the freezer for about 30 mins.
- Remove from freezer and blend the mixture in a blender. Return to freezer for another 30 mins.
- Repeat the process for about 3-4 times and then allow the mixture to freeze over night. Scoop out the ice cream and serve immediately.