Ash-Abhi are finally married!!!!! Rumours/stories about the wedding venue, the invitations, guests list, mehendi, sangeet etc etc etc have been crazily filling news papers, magazines and websites for the past few months. Were any of you folks invited??!? Nor was I :-(( ...... ;-))). Anyway, here's wishing them a very happy wedded life!!!!
Ash-Abhi ke naam pe kuch meetha hojaaye??!! :-). I have for you the recipe for Chocolate Brownies.There are many ways to make brownies. This is the recipe that I got from my mom. Hope you like it.
2 cups Plain flour/Maida
2 cups Powdered Sugar
1 cup Milk
5 heaped tsp Cocoa powder
2/3 cup Butter
2 tsp Baking Powder
2 tsp Custard Powder (optional)
1/4 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter and powdered sugar until it turns soft and creamy.
- To this, add milk and stir well; Add the remaining ingredients and beat until all the ingredients mix well and form a smooth batter.
- Grease a baking pan and smear some flour on it. Pour the batter into the baking pan.
- Preheat the oven to 350deg F and bake the batter for about 30-35 mins.
- Brownies are done when a pricked toothpick come out clean. Remove from oven and let it cool to room temperature.
- Cut into square pieces with a knife and serve. Note: If you want, you can peel off the hard upper layer before serving.
Serving: Chocolate brownies can be served with Vanilla ice cream or a glass of chilled milk.